Full Time Certified Music Teacher – Waterbury Arts Magnet School, Waterbury, CT
Responsible for teaching courses in both Middle School and High School levels.
August 2006—Present. Currently teaching:
- Middle school exploratory general music
- Middle school chorus and Select Choir
- High school Chorus and High School voice classes for both beginner and intermediate levels
- High school A Capella Vocal Ensemble and High School musical theater class
- Vocal coach for WAMS spring musical at the Palace theater
Voice Instructor – Self–Employed
Current roster of students as of Fall 2016: 20 students ages 12-75.
Instructor of Voice – Chase Collegiate School, Waterbury, CT
Responsible for teaching:
- Students from grades 2–12 private voice instruction
- All aspects of preparation for stage performances
- Assistant to Performing Arts Chair in all aspects of vocal music instruction
- Substitute teacher when needed.
- Marianna’s roster tripled during her tenure at Chase Collegiate
Vocal Music Director, Creative Summer Program – The Mead School, Greenwich
Managed and instructed a program with over eighty students, ages 6—15 years old, to introduce and create
musical theater presentations at the end of each month, and to strengthen and develop each child’s singing
ability and knowledge of their voices.
Choral Director – Holy Cross High School, Waterbury, CT
Directed all vocal music activities, such as chorus, Concert Choir, Vocal Jazz Ensemble, and Vocal Music.
Director for the annual Spring Musical. Also, founded String Ensemble and a course in Music Listening.
The choral music department grew from 50 students in the Fall of 1979 to 120 students in the Spring of 1984.
Returned in 1989 to act as Vocal Music Director of the Spring Musical each year until 1995.
Vocal Mentor, Talented & Gifted Program – New Fairfield High School, New Fairfield
Responsible for the education and development of several selected students, ages 15—18 years old,
who have demonstrated exceptional promise in singing and wish to seriously pursue their abilities.
Choral Director – St. Francis of Assisi Church, Naugatuck, CT
Instructor of Voice – Institute for Musical Arts, Waterbury, CT
Instructor of Voice – Connecticut Academy of Performing Arts, Waterbury, CT
1980 – 1982
The Pajama Game • Chicago • No, No Nanette • Godspell • The Best of Broadway — An original Revue • Brigadoon • The 1940’s Radio Hour • West Side Story • The Mystery of Edwin Drood • Once Upon A Mattress • The Wiz • Camelot • Cabaret • Bells Are Ringing • Working • The Spitfire Grill • The Wizard of Oz • The King and I • Some Enchanted Evening–Rodgers and Hammerstein • Jekyll and Hyde • The Boyfriend • The Sound of Music • Into the Woods • Les Miserables * The Fantasticks! * Urinetown* Grand Hotel*
Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
M.S. Music Education
B.S. Cum Laude — Major: Music Education
State Certification: Pre-K—12 Vocal Music (049)
April 2005 Recertification/Professional Certification status
Aspen Music School, Aspen, CO
Summer Music Program, Aspen, CO
The University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Columbia University Summer Music School, Siena, Italy
The Institute for Musical Arts, New York,NY/Hartford, CT
- National Association for Music Educators (NAfME)
- National Association of Teachers of Singing, (NATS) CT Chapter
- American Choral Directors’ Association (ACDA)
- Sigma Alpha Iota
- Connecticut Music Educators Association (CMEA)
- National Dean’s List
- Who’s Who Among College Students
Available upon request.